Church of Saint-Roch
Elisabeth Arrighi was born in this parish on October 16th, 1866, and was baptized in Saint-Roch on 27 November of that same year.
Pictured below are the exterior of the church, and its baptismal fount.
Church of Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Elisabeth was the first-born child in her family. As their family grew, they Arrighi’s moved to the left bank, settling in at 43 Rue de Rennes, across the street from the Church of St. Germain-Des-Pres (located at 3 Place Saint-Germain des Prés in Paris’ 6th arrondissement). A beautiful gallery of photos from the church is available on the parish website.
As a child, Elisabeth would have received her first Holy Communion and Confirmation in this church.
Elisabeth married and Felix Leseur are married at this church on July 31, 1889.
Church of Saint-Augustin
As a married couple, Elisabeth and Felix lived at 3 Rue d’Argenson, in the 8th arrondissement.
The Church of St. Augustin is located nearby, at 8 Avenue César Caire in Paris’ 8th district. (8th arrondissement). A history of the church is available on the parish website.
Elisabeth frequently visited this church to meet with her spiritual director and to receive the sacraments. A display in the back of the church highlighting its most important sons and daughters includes Elisabeth.
Parisian Cemetery in Bagneux
45, Avenue Marx-Dormoy, 92220
The cemetery may be easily accessed from metro line 13 (Châtillon Montrouge: 800 meters) and line 4 (Mairie de Montrouge: 1000 meters) or by Paris bus 68 (Maurice Arnoux: 400 meters)
Elisabeth is interred among the Dominican Sisters of Catherine of Siena located in the 13th division, 18th row, 1st grave. The cemetery is very large, but as the photo below indicates, it is easily found at the corner of Avenue des erables pourpres and Avenue des noisetiers de byzance.
The homepage of the cemetery may be found here.
The Church of Saint Pierre de Chaillot
31 avenue Marceau, 75116, Paris
Elisabeth’s funeral mass was conducted at Eglise Saint-Pierre-de-Chaillot on May 6th, 1914. The current church on this site, with the same name, was constructed on the site of Elisabeth’s church 1927-38. Unfortunately, the former church had to be torn down to make room for the more modern one.